CAD Data Transfer
A. Type of Files
- In general, ZIP these files for transfer.
- Graphicast uses Pro/Engineer and SolidWorks
- RFQs: We prefer a 2-D drawing with tolerances (can be an electronic file or a hard copy). A 3-D model is always helpful and complements quoting to a 2-D toleranced drawing.
- Pro/E (.drw with .frm and .prt or .asm)
- SolidWorks (.slddrw)
- AutoCAD (.dwg) or DXF (.dxf)
- Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- (Solid) Pro/Engineer “Part” (.prt) suppress most features to reduce file size (we will “resume”).
- SolidWorks model (.sldprt)
- STEP (Solid, from non Pro/E system) (.stp)
- IGES surface model (omit wireframe) (.igs)
B. Transfer Methods
- Use the form on this page to upload your files directly to us.
- E-mail, as an attachment to a message
- Send to: email@example.com
- Note: Limit on size of file- 10 Mb maximum>
- Graphicast can retrieve from your FTP (Web) site.
- We need password, directory, filename, etc.
- You need to let us know when the file will be available.
These methods are available for transfer of computer files electronically to Graphicast. In every case, we need a clear understanding of why you are sending the file, and what you want Graphicast to do. Suppress, ZIP, etc. per above suggestions.
Call us at 603-532-4481 if you have any questions.